This three-day workshop is a practical introduction to the concepts of data modeling for Power BI, Analysis Services Tabular, and Power Pivot.
The course includes hands-on labs: you will make practice using your own notebook. Read More
Why should a participant participate
This three-day workshop is a practical introduction to the concepts of data modeling for Power BI, Analysis Services Tabular, and Power Pivot. The goal of the course is to teach through examples of increasing complexity how to solve business scenarios by adapting the data model, so that the required DAX code becomes easier, faster and more robust.
All the demos and the exercises are based on Power BI examples. However, the very same concepts can be applied to Power Pivot and Analysis Services Tabular.
About the Event
The course includes hands-on labs:
you will make practice using your own notebook.
- Topics Introduction to data modeling
- Basic modeling techniques
- Dimensional modeling
- Snowflakes and complex models
- Using header / detail tables
- Order and order details
- Data models with multiple fact tables
- Sales and purchase
- Working with date and time
- Aggregations and comparisons
- Working days calculations
- Handling special time periods
- Week-based calendars
- Tracking historical attributes
- Slowly changing dimensions
- Rapidly changing dimensions
- Analyzing date, time and intervals
- Events with a duration
- Using many-to-many relationships
- Managing tables with different granularities
Testimonials from Prior Events
– Romeu, JPMC
Thank you SQLBI, you helped me get a raise and a promotion.
Click here to reserve your seat for Power BI