Joining a Coworking Space can be a great way to have a professional work space without all of the overhead costs. Instead of working from home, from a coffee shop or investing in your own brick and mortar office, try a KC Coworking Space first. Here are some things to look for when you’re shopping for a Coworking Space.
- Location – consider a location that will be convenient. Keeping your commute short gives you more time to build your business.
- Tour and Trial Day – the best way to see if a space is a fit for you is to try it out; most KC Coworking Alliance members offer a free trial day.
- Resources – do you need specific resources to help grow your business? Maybe you need a shared kitchen space for your food-focused business or maybe you need to be around other tech startups. Ask about the other members of the space and determine how you might fit in that community. What type of resources, amenities and event programming does the space have that could support your business?
- Space – What does the actual physical space offer? Is there a place to make a private phone call? Meeting rooms? Dedicated desks? 24/7 access? Is it close to coffee shops, restaurants, transportation?
- Costs – How are the memberships broken down? Do you pay one price for all-inclusive membership? Are meeting rooms or events/programming extra?
Deciding on a coworking space is an important decision. With a little bit of research, you can find the perfect fit for you and your business.