Evidence has shown that education positively impacts a person’s cognitive abilities. It offers more than an opportunity when that education is first provided. In fact, continuing education into adulthood provides an individual with higher verbal skills, better memory, and improved fluency later in life.
As a business owner, you may have discounted the idea of continuing education a way to boost team morale and employment satisfaction. However, you may be surprised at just how beneficial CE courses can be when they are done together with employees.
5 Reasons to Add Continuing Education to Your Company Curriculum
- Increased Opportunities: Adding learning opportunities to your employee’s resume helps open doors for advancement. An employee can learn the necessary skills to move into a new department or even move from lower level to management level. You are training your people to harness opportunities but stay within the company. So, you are maximizing the return on your investment.
- Keeping Up with Industry Trends: For your company to stay up on the latest industry trends, you need to train your people about the changes and what is expected in the future. Through continuing education, you can see how your workplace has evolved, a technology that might help your staff become more productive and ensure you are using the latest technology that benefits your business and makes your employees love coming to work.
- Boosted Job Satisfaction: Colorado State University states that one poll showed that job satisfaction rates increased with employees who have higher levels of education. Some went from very satisfied just because they could improve their knowledge and broaden their horizons.
- The Chance to Network: When you offer your team educational opportunities and seminars, you can invite others from companies to join, which improves the networking opportunities for your team too.
- Enhancing Skills: You can help your employees develop their abilities tremendously just by offering educational opportunities. It can also be beneficial for new recruits when you need to train them on corporate policy, new techniques, and help them understand their new roles.
When you rent conference space at WorkSocial’s downtown location, you get access to a plethora of professional services. The result? An emphasis on action that will help translate classroom lessons into results and purpose.